Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh man, it's finally happened

My eye has finally gotten bigger then my stomach. Which is no small feat because my stomach is pretty.... well.... ummm.... protruding.

But I sat down to Thanksgiving dinner yesterday with a heaped up plate AND I only ate a few bites and I was full.

And it happened again this morning when I tried to eat stuffing and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for breakfast.

So what my Mom and Grandma used to tell me finally came true.

To be honest that kind of scares me.

Because they also told me if I swallowed watermelon seeds a watermelon would grow in my stomach. Which might, in part, explain the protruding stomach.

And they told me that swallowed chewing gum can take 100 years to digest. Which could also explain, in part, the protruding stomach.

Thank heavens I heeded their advice as a child about not crossing my eyes because heaven knows they would have definitely stayed that way.

I hope the giant eye syndrome doesn't happen to you. I'm thinking there is still time for you to change your ways!

8 comments:

laterg8r said...

LOL - love that eye pic :D

Robin said...

I am starting to count on you for my daily chuckle. You really have the greatest sense of humor my friend. Keep 'em coming... for your friend who spends much too much time alone in N.C.

Trying to start my own blog. When I feel its presentable Ill invite you and you can hook me up! Robin

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I wish this would happen to me! I was able to polish off a big plateful of Thanksgiving yummies and go for more...lol

Sorry I haven't been visiting...it has been a very busy, busy, busy week and this weekend will be the same...I hope to catch my breath a little on Monday.

Have a good weekend!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL! Oh, Jenny, believe me, I hear you! Thanks for the smile this morning. :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Martha's Favorites said...

Thank is so funny. I think I did pretty good at control too. However, the watermelon seeds I ate, have grown into a field. I wonder how those watermelons are harvested? I could use a flat stomack. Have a great day! Martha

Bits-n-Pieces said...

aw man! I hate it when that happens! I was luckily able to keep my eye to stomach ratio in check pretty well this year!! Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I forced the food down my gullet. I think it's from smelling it cooking all day long, the aroma fills you up! If only someone else could do all the cooking!

Diana said...

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for visiting my blog. As I sit here eating a piece of leftover pecan pie w/whipped cream on top, I can't help but think that my eyes were bigger than my stomach!
BTW, I just told my teen daughter last night that if she kissed a boy she'd get pregnant. Unfortunately she didn't believe me.
I loved your post, it brought back memories!
Love Di