Tuesday, September 29, 2009

OK, I'm a few days late...

...and so many of you have already shared autumn quotes, beautiful pictures of changing leaves, and wonderful vignettes of your pumpkins and scarecrows.

But we live in Arizona.

And Autumn comes a bit later here.

But it has come at last and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that can make my heart sing with autumnal splendor then watching fluttering russet, amber and crimson napkins catch the sunlight in jewel-like tones on my clothesline and...

...watching the kids pile them up to jump in! and...

...hearing the crispy sound they make when walk across the heavily starched ones! and...

...smelling the nostalgic scent as sparklered bonfires of burning table linens dot the country-side!

Oh, it is a joyous time.

And I am so happy to be able to share it with you.

Happy Fall, my friends!

And, no, those are not my husbands underwear hanging on the line behind them.

Would I mar a photo of autumnal beauty and grandeur with tighty-whities?

I think not.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Keelie said...

You are funny! Love your napkins! Way to welcome fall..

Farmgirl Paints said...

Thank you sweet Jenny for you kind words on my blog today. You made me smile from ear to ear:)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

HA! My sister tells me that the trees turn colors out there in the AZ desert too! I said "What Trees?" lol!

Love your pretty napkins!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I'm glad you opted out on the tighty whiteys... that was good thinking on your part girl..