Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's 7 am. Do you know where your sanity is?

I've lost mine.

I've made that fatal error of having too many things started at one time.

Nothing is finished.

Chaos reigns supreme at our house.

Outside garden seeds await planting, roses need cut back, I need to solarize a few areas of my asparagus patch so I can put some new crowns in there soon, the garage looks like a small nuclear bomb was detonated in it.

My ZSQ storeroom (aka living room) is beyond a horror. Stacks of fabric, Fisher Price toys (Morgan plays in there while I try to work), boxes of kits and quilts half ready to be sent off to Joan in Ohio. ACCCCCKKKK!

Of course, the kitchen, dining room, family room, and my office are spotless and organized. (wow, I didn't know that nose growing thing would actually happen when you tell a big fat lie! Now I have to add "find someone to do an emergency nose job" to my list!!!!!!)

So I have a lot of have-to-do's but what I really want to do is go lay on the couch and watch Project Runway.

In fact, now that I think about it a tiny bit more I really SHOULD do that. It will make me organized and focused and probably able to work twice as fast as the speed of a designers snipping shears.

Yea. That's it.

I'm going off to my find my sanity with Heidi and Tim.

Hopefully they'll know where it is.

And hopefully they'll nominate my house for a design project. You know, kind of a broad design concept in creating organization in the midst of chaos...they won't actually have to make any designer clothes so it might take a little effort to sell the concept to the show.

But I've got plenty of time.

After all, what's another item on my list of things I mean to get to soon?

Sigh.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

I hear ya. I've been running around with my head cut off lately. It happens. We'll get to everything...eventually:)