Friday, August 28, 2009

It's all about the goal setting...

OK, this year I had a few goals I wanted to accomplish. Nothing major. Writing my Dad's biography was the biggest. But there were several small goals.

The first I've been fiddling with but I just wasn't devoting enough time to learning. After seeing Julie and Julia I spent a few days and I got it! I did! I can do it now and one of my life goals is crossed off my list.

You might think I'm kidding but I have always, always wanted to flip food in a pan. I've tried it many a time and made a huge mess on the burner.

So for the past two weeks I've been practicing over the kitchen sink. And, by jove, I've got it.

I can flip food in a pan WITHOUT GETTING IT ALL OVER THE STOVE!

I know. You're impressed, aren't you?

Here's a picture which is not of me, or my pan, or my eggs, or my stove or even my kitchen but I can do it JUST AS GOOD AS THIS!

Pretty amazing, isn't it?

I started on my next little goal today but that didn't go so well.

OK, it's pretty high-reaching ...

... and probably something almost every woman over 12 in the world can do already...

OK, I'm going to come right out and say it, I cannot put on eyeliner.

Yes, you heard me right. I've tried and tried but I just can't do it.

Then I read this article in a magazine on these new eyeliner markers and I ran to Target and bought one. I was hoping it would work better then the sharpies I've tried several times in the past. (I'm ashamed to say that this is actually true and I highly recommend you DO NOT TRY IT...EVER!)

So I started practicing today and I thought it turned out pretty well. So I went into my husbands office and said in a sexy voice, "honey, do you notice anything different about me?"

I could see the panic on his face as he struggled mightily for the right answer. Hey, we've been married for almost 10 years so he knows when he is standing right at the edge of a big ol' field of quicksand.

I gave him a hint. "It's around my eyes," I said in a Cleopatra type voice.

When he said "oh no, does that hurt?" I realized I might have a ways to go before I master this next life goal.

But I will accomplish it AND I found a perfect picture to use as my guide.

OK, just kiddin' about the guide. I know this is waaaaayyy too conservative for a middle aged, frumpy Grandma!

But it's a start.

Sigh....

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hey, that's great about the food-flippin! Have you tried flippin' soup yet? LOL Now if you can master THAT, then I'd really be impressed. he hee

I quit wearing eyeliner years ago...probably after my eyelashes started thinning (really bad.) All one could see were lines around my eyes & no lashes. Very sad indeed.