Thursday, March 26, 2009

I will not stop and smell the roses, I WILL NOT!

I will stay focused on some things I want to accomplish for the day AND look forward to meeting Sara F. and her beau Brian with Steve for coffee early this afternoon.

If I go anywhere near my roses I get sucked into their fragrance and color and want to get a big, gaudy hat and put on something gauzy and frilly (neither of which I own)

If I go near my rose garden I forget that I am going to stain a door today, haul some sand back to the gourd ramada and plan dinner.

If I go near my rose garden I suddenly loose 40 pounds, get radiant flowing hair and my wrinkles all disappear. Oh, heavens, wait! What am I thinking???????

I'll be in the rose garden for the rest of my life.

Write me there, please, should you need me for anything at all.

5 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Please go out there for me and take a big whiff for a midwestern girl who won't see roses until late June. I know I am sure missing the roses.

Carol said...

We are expecting snow...again....would love to hang out with you in your beautiful garden. Especially if it can do all those magical things ;)

Allie said...

I remember growing roses in California. They just loved me there and were so beautiful back in Ohio and they HATE me and i think I HATE them too. I like daylilies in Ohio. Ah, anger subsiding lol your roses are beauitful Jenny hope you had a great coffee, got that door stained, sand hauled and dinner planned! Now who's exhausted?

Tina❀ said...

That's it, I need a rose garden!!!
BTW, I love your blog!

Terri Guillemets said...

I have the exact same problem with procrastination in my own back yard!

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you." ~Richard Brinsley Sheridan

"How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ~Emma Goldman

"Death has come for me many times but finds me always in my lovely garden and leaves me there, I think, as an excuse to return." ~Robert Brault

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done." ~Author Unknown

"It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

"I know that if odour were visible, as colour is,
I'd see the summer garden in rainbow clouds."
~Robert Bridges

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Terri

The Quote Garden
www.quotegarden.com